Summer Course in Sketching: SummerSchool UrbanSketchers
In the scope of Lusófona SummerSchool 2017, DAU will organize the first Summer Course SummerSchool UrbanSketchers in partnership with Urban Sketchers Portugal (USkP), from 17 to 28 July.
This course is for all people interested in sketching. The course is free-admittance (registration is required, please see below), and will take 10 3-hour sessions in two schedules: daytime (10AM-1PM) and after working hours (6PM-9PM).
Students will be evaluated at the end of the course, and a participation certificate will be issued.
1st Session, Monday, 17 July, with Filipa Antunes
2nd Session, Tuesday, 18 July, with Eduardo Salavisa
3rd Session, Wednesday, 19 July, with Urban Sketchers Portugal Speaker to be announced.
4th Session, Thursday, 20 July, with Mário Linhares
5th Session, Friday, 21 July, with André Batista
6th Session, Monday, 17 July, with Luís Ançã
7th Session, Tuesday, 25 July, with Mónica Cid
8th Session, Wednesday, 26 July, with Urban Sketchers Portugal Speaker to be announced.
9th Session, Thursday, 27 July, with Pedro Alves
10th Session, Friday, 28 July – Course’s final exhibition
General objectives for the SummerSchool UrbanSketchers Course:
- Providing analogical tools and methodologies for observational sketching in city and natural environments;
- Using creative processes to give form to depictions that are similar to what is observed;
- Presenting synthesis sketches of observed environment.
- Understanding which steps to take in observational sketching;
- Acquiring 3-D knowledge to ease the making of observational sketches;
- Determining the core elements and procedures for the sketched depiction of a physical space;
- Understanding what is expected of an observational sketch;
- Organizing and correctly structuring a sketch;
- Acquiring proportion references;
- Identifying procedures to bring forth three-dimensionality when sketching;
- Discerning observational sketching from conceptual sketching.
Skills to acquire:
- Performing observational sketching in city and natural environments;
- Depicting three-dimensionality when sketching;
- Synthesizing and simulating the observed space in a sketch;
- Sketching the human figure in physical spaces.
Materials to bring:
Graphic diary in A5 or A4 format; black pen; watercolours and paintbrushes; coloured pencils
Fee: 175 €
Download Leaflet (in Portuguese)